November 2016 Meeting
- Hits: 103
MAARC is featuring a number of interesting items from two separate estates at our FallFest auction. These items came from a TV/Radio repairman who operated his shop in the 50's and 60's, and an avid Ham operator. The auction items are diverse, featuring:
- Vintage TV's (GE and Tele-Tone), NOS TV antennas, and vintage TV alignment gear
- A huge collection of Sam's PhotFacts
- Classic radio and television books
- Octal, noval, and miniature vacuum tubes in tube caddys
- Vintage turntables
- Portable stereo systems
- Vintage GE and Fada portable radios
- A box lot of TV knobs
- Vintage transformers, capacitors, and resistors
- A Heathkit O-scope
- Power supplies
- Multimeters and other vintage test equipment
- Vintage Weller soldering gun
- Bogen-L60 tube-based amplifier
- Illuminated RCA Radio and TV repair signs (one N.I.B)
- A vintage Sonomatic car radio
- A Phillips AZ-1505 Boombox
- Sperry SP-10A voltmeters
- A Inslik U6000 high end Tripod
- An array of ham gear, including:
- An Icom IC725 Transceiver, HM12 and SM-V Microphones, Sp20 External Speaker, and IC761 Mobile HF Rig
- A Nye WM9 Antenna Impedance Matching Network
- A Yaesu FL-2100Z 1,000 Watt Linear Amplifier and a Y5500 SWR and Power Meter
- A Realistic Pro2006 400 channel UHF/VHF Scanner
- A Daiwa CN-720 Cross-Needle SWR Meter
- A Clegg FM-28 channelized FM Rig
- A Kenwood TM-731A 144/440 Mobile Rig
- An Astron RS-125 Speaker
- GE and Pace CB Radios
- A Kenwood Th-75A Dual-Band FM set and PC-11 rapid charger
- Motorola walkie-talkies
- an MFJ MFJ-259B HF/VHF SWR Analyzer and MFJ-422-X keyer with Bencher paddles
- A Vibroplex #44792 silver-plated keyer
- Antique telegraph keys
- An Archer 21-B17 Hi-Power lo-pass TVI filter
- A BGE SD-40 complete 40M wire dipole kit (N.I.B.)
- An Alpha-Delta E-181202 Transi-trap lightning protector
Here are some photos of key offerings:
The auction is scheduled to start at noon (earlier if raining). Don't miss out!
- Hits: 1805
RadioFallFest 2016, Sunday, October 16th.
A combined Antique Radio Swap Meet and Vintage AUDIO and HAM Fest
Lots of Radios and Equipment
Vintage audio equipment, amplifiers, tubes, and speakers; antique tube radios, battery powered radios, and transistor radios; records/LPs; amateur & military communications gear; vintage parts, test gear and restoration supplies are welcome!
You never know what will show up (and neither will we!)
So lots of flea 'maarc' - eters, and a big auction, too!
Admission and Flea Market space are FREE!Date: Sunday, October 16, 2016; starts with the flea market - Rain or shine.
Time: gates open by 8 AM
Big Auction begins at 12:00 PM (sooner if raining)
Lodging - Nearest Hotels
Food: There will be food, coffee, and other drinks available for purchase, provided by the Boy Scouts of America Davidsonville Troop. Or bring your own.
- Hits: 2056
RadioActivity 2016 News
June 23 - 25, 2016 in Timonium, MD
RadioActivity 2016 will be held at the Holiday Inn in Timonium, Maryland.
Meet Theme is "Western Electric"
MAARC is teaming with the Tube Collectors Association (TCA) to make this year’s meet even better than usual.
The TCA meeting will include information about WE tubes. Paul Hart will present a seminar on Western Electric’s contributions to the World War II effort. TCA president and tube expert Ludwell Sibley will share recently found new information on tubes, especially WE tubes. Mike Molnar will do a seminar on Weston test equipment. Ed Lyon will present his annual radio repair clinic.
NEW => Click for Map and Directions
- Hits: 1856
Video about the NCRTV MuseumThe Baltimore County Public Library System has made a very nice You Tube video about the National Capital Radio & Television Museum. Check out the link below:
MAARC created this museum and continues to support it. The Club should be proud of this legacy. Note that MAARC members can become Museum members for the discounted price of only $20. The museum website is www.ncrtv.org.